Five Office Solutions for a Hectic ScheduleJuly 12, 2021
End of the Year Checklist for Small BusinessesJuly 12, 2021
If you need to get out of your home office and into an office space, consider a coworking space like NuvoDesk. Here is how you can make the transition easy.
Transitions can be awkward – new places, new faces, and new ways of doing things. If you need to get out of your home office and into an office space, consider a coworking space like NuvoDesk. These tips will help you make the transition from a former work environment effortlessly:
- Make the effort to introduce yourself to your fellow co-workers. Get to know who you are working with. They can offer support during your change.
- Set a routine as soon as possible. You’ll have more flexibility in a co-working space, so it’s important that you are conscientious of your time. Learn how the office ticks and you’ll be able to set your routine more easily.
- Make your desk feel like home. Experiment with different areas of the shared working space and see what works best for you. Organize your workspace in a way that makes you comfortable and able to work efficiently. If you have a private office, decorate it with things you love.
- Get to know the office manager. Having a good relationship with them will make it easier to get help from them if something goes awry around the office or if you need to borrow things you may have forgotten at home.
- Learn how to deal with distractions. There’s a lot going on in a coworking space. Headphones or earplugs may help. Also, be aware of the amount of noise you are making so as to not distract others.
- Eat away from your desk and take breaks out of the office. In many co-working spaces, everything is under one roof, so it can feel like there’s no need to get out. It’ll do you good to occasionally step out, get some fresh air, or try that restaurant around the corner.
NuvoDesk provides a great shared office and coworking environment for people ready to move out of their home offices. We are here to help you transition into your new space.